Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tick, tick, tick....


Embarrassingly I have a confession to make. I want to be a grandmother! I am definitely one of those annoying Moms, always begging my MARRIED kids for a grandchild. As I told my daughter-in-law, although her biological clock might not be ticking mine certainly was. I NEEDED a baby in my life.  Who doesn’t love the yummy smells, the sensation of a baby laying on your chest and feeling their heart beat on yours? Those tender moments at feeding time when it’s just you and your baby and she is staring intently into your eyes, my heart is melting just at the memory.
Thankfully my kids always listen to their mom. Happily today is my granddaughter’s due date.  Since little girl has decided not to make an appearance on her own, her beautiful mommy will be induced tomorrow.  It seems baby girl is rather large, and mommy is rather small, not a good combo for natural childbirth.  So today we all sit on pins and needles anxious to meet the newest member of the family.  Will she look like her daddy? Will she be as fussy as he was as a baby? Will she have her mommy’s delicate features? What color will her eyes be?  Only time will tell…..

No comments:

Post a Comment